Sunday, September 19, 2010

short Bio


Contrary to many of my fellow students, I never thought I wanted to be a teacher. I studied Commercial Economy. Halfway through my studies I realized that trying to convince people that they wanted what I was selling was not what I wanted with my life.
Since then, my life has been a collection of wonderful experiences, starting in Virginia, passing through a few European countries (with a 4 month volunteer experience in Egypt) and ending in Oregon. The one constant was that I worked with people with mental disabilities. And loved it.
Currently I work at Centennial CTP, a community transition program in Keizer. Now that I have come to this point in my life, becoming a teacher seems the most logical and natural next step for me to take. A special education endorsement is (of course) part of this next step.
I have a particular interest in Autism Spectrum Disorder and hope to work in that field of special education. I also really enjoy working with younger kids, so I hope to focus on early childhood. My decision is not set yet and I intend to look at all the fields to see if there's something I might like better.
Apart from all this, I am the happy husband of Lisa and the busy father of Alexander and Annabel. Between my studies and my family, I expect to not be able to read anything but study books for the next 2 years.

1 comment:

  1. Study books for the next 2 years. Well, there's a good chance they'll be digital (ebooks) :)
    Thanks for sharing a little background. Great pic you shared.

    ReplyDelete