Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Piaget's Sensorimotor Stages of Development

Last Monday, Heather, Jeff and I made this presentation using Screenr and Google Presentations:




I had only heard of what one might do with Screenr and I didn't have a Twitter account, but we thought that this would be the best way to do our presentation. The alternative would have been to project our presentation in class and take a video of that while we narrated. Too many things could have gone wrong in that, with valuable time lost. Also, the end product would not have looked as good as what we created with Screenr. 

It took me about 3 minutes to create a Twitter account and figure out how to use Screenr. This shows to me the intuitiveness (is that a word?) and ease of use of web2.0.
I would say that this could be extremely useful in a classroom. An instructional video that actually looks professional is quite an asset.
All in all it wasn't a very steep learning curve for me, but I can only say that I'm very happy to now have this tool in my toolbox. Too bad I had to create a Twitter account to use it. I feel like a twat now.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome video !!!!!
    Great team work.
    Twitter is NOT a setback. Google "twitter in education" and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete